Beyond the congregation [electronic resource] : the world of Christian nonprofits / Christopher P. Scheitle.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2010.
1 online resource (217 p.)
- Church charities -- Societies, etc.
- Electronic books.
- 'Beyond the Congregation' utilizes data on almost 2,000 of the largest and most influential Christian nonprofits in the United States to answer some of the key questions raised by these organizations. What explains the growth of Christian nonprofits? What activities are they pursuing? How are they funded and how do they use those funds?
- Contents; 1. Christian Nonprofits: The Religious Market's Other Supplier; 2. From Religious Societies to Public Charities: A Parachurch History; 3. Competition and Collaboration: The Market Dynamics of Church and Parachurch; 4. Parachurch Profiles: From Christian Cowboys to Donating Cows; 5. The Balance Sheet: A Financial Portrait of the Parachurch Sector; 6. Leadership and Accountability: Executives, Boards, and Watchdogs; 7. Parachurch and State: Tax Laws, Government Funding, and Nonprofit Lobbying; Appendix: Data Collection Methods; Notes; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O
PQ; R; S; T; U; V; W; Y; Z
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from home page (viewed Sept. 7, 2010).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|