Beyond reason and tolerance : the purpose and practice of higher education / Robert J. Thompson.
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2014.
1 online resource (223 p.)
- Education, Higher -- Philosophy.
Education, Humanistic -- United States.
Education, Higher -- Aims and objectives -- United States.
Education, Higher -- Social aspects -- United States.
Educational psychology -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- "Beyond Reason and Tolerance argues that to prepare students to engage political, ethnic, and religious differences, higher education must adopt a developmental model for a formative and liberal undergraduate education as a process of growth involving empathy as well as reasoning, values as well as knowledge, and identity as well as competencies"-- Provided by publisher.
- Machine generated contents note:
Chapter 1: American Higher Education in the 21st Century
Chapter 2: Emerging Adulthood: A Developmental Science Perspective
Chapter 3: Personal Epistemology
Chapter 4: Empathy
Chapter 5: Identity and the Process of Self-Authorship
Chapter 6: Campus Culture: Developing the Capacities to Constructively Engage Difference
Chapter 7: Providing a Formative Undergraduate Liberal Education
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|