Shakespeare in company [electronic resource] / Bart van Es.
- First edition.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2013.
1 online resource (372 p.)
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Biography.
Dramatists, English -- Early modern, 1500-1700 -- Biography.
- Electronic books.
- Considering both Shakespeare's fellow writers as well as members of his acting company 'Shakespeare in Company' offers a unique insight into the company kept by William Shakespeare and how it impacted on his writing.
- Cover; Contents; Conventions and references; List of abbreviations; List of illustrations; Prologue: Shakespeare's early life and the origins of commercial theatre (1576-1592); PHASE I. SHAKESPEARE AS CONVENTIONAL POET-PLAYWRIGHT (1592-1594); 1. Imitation and identity; 2. The working conditions of the playwright; 3. Shakespeare as literary dramatist; PHASE II. SHAKESPEARE AS COMPANY MAN (1594-1599); 4. Control over casting; 5. The events of 1594; 6. Relational drama; 7. Shakespeare's singularity; PHASE III. SHAKESPEARE AS PLAYHOUSE INVESTOR (1599-1608); 8. The Globe partnership
9. Robert Armin10. The children's companies; 11. Richard Burbage; PHASE IV. SHAKESPEARE IN THE COMPANY OF PLAYWRIGHTS AGAIN (1608-1614); 12. The events of 1608; 13. Shakespeare's late style; 14. Shakespeare and co-authorship; Conclusion; Appendix: Dates of composition for Shakespeare's works; Works cited; Primary; Manuscripts; Editions printed before 1700; Editions printed after 1700; Secondary; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|