Crisis and survival in late medieval Ireland [electronic resource] : the English of Louth and their neighbours, 1330-1450 / Brendan Smith.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2013.
1 online resource (279 p.)
- English -- Ireland -- Louth -- History -- To 1500.
Ireland -- History -- 1172-1603.
Louth (Ireland : County) -- History.
- Electronic books.
- This volume explores the ways in which the English settlers in Louth maintained their English identity in the face of plague and warfare, through the turbulent decades between 1330 and 1450.
- Contents; List of Maps; List of Tables; List of Abbreviations; Introduction; I. CRISIS AND SURVIVAL; 1. False Dawn: 1330-1369; 2. Friends Like These: William Windsor and Edmund Mortimer, 1369-1381; 3. Richard II and his Legacy, 1382-1405; 4. 'The Poor Commons', 1405-1450; II. SETTLER SOCIETY; 5. The Church; 6. The Towns; 7. The Marches; Conclusion; Bibliography; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; R; S; T; U; V; W; Y
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliography references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from home page (viewed on June 26, 2013).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|