Modernism and the museum : Asian, African, and Pacific art and the London avant-garde
- Other Title:
- Modernism and the museum
Oxford English monographs
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Oxford English monographs.
Oxford English monographs Modernism and the museum
1 online resource.
- Modernism (Art) -- African influences -- London -- England
Modernism (Art) -- Influence
Modernism (Literature) -- Influence
Art, Pacific Island
- By demonstrating that many of the concepts and styles associated with modernism were actually derived directly from cultures such as Japan, China, Korea, India, Egypt, Assyria, West Africa, and the Pacific Islands, this book provides an entirely new way of looking at the evolution of modernist art and literature in the West.
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from home page (viewed Dec. 16, 2010).
- 9780191595684 (ebook) :
0191595683 (ebook) :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|