Fluid mechanics and the SPH method [electronic resource] : theory and applications / D. Violeau.
- 1st ed.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2012.
1 online resource (611 p.)
- Fluid mechanics -- Computer simulation.
Fluid mechanics -- Mathematical models.
Hydrodynamics -- Computer simulation.
Hydrodynamics -- Mathematical models.
- Electronic books.
- This text presents the SPH method for fluid modelling from a theoretical and applied viewpoint. It explains the foundations of the method, from physical principles, and will help researchers, students, and engineers to understand how the method should be used and why it works well.
- Cover; Contents; Global introduction; PART I: PHYSICS OF WEAKLY COMPRESSIBLE FLUIDS; 1 Lagrangian and Hamiltonian mechanics; 1.1 Introduction; 1.2 Least action principle; 1.3 Mechanics of a system of particles; 1.4 Conservation laws; 1.5 Composite systems; 2 Statistical mechanics; 2.1 Introduction; 2.2 Statistical behaviour of large systems; 2.3 Thermodynamical quantities; 2.4 Dissipative systems; 2.5 Further considerations on dissipation; 3 Continuous media and viscous fluids; 3.1 Introduction; 3.2 Continuum kinematics; 3.3 Balances and fluxes; 3.4 Viscous fluids
3.5 From Boltzmann to the continua3.6 Variational principles for fluids; 4 Turbulent flows; 4.1 Introduction; 4.2 Chaos dynamics; 4.3 One-point statistical models; 4.4 First-order closure; 4.5 Advanced averaged models; 4.6 Non-averaged models; PART II: THE SPH METHOD IN HYDRAULICS; 5 Principles of the SPH method; 5.1 Introduction; 5.2 Lagrangian interpolation; 5.3 Discrete forms of the fluid equations; 5.4 Temporal integration; 6 Advanced hydraulics with SPH; 6.1 Introduction; 6.2 Discrete viscosity and diffusion; 6.3 Boundary treatment; 6.4 Discrete turbulence: basic models
6.5 Discrete turbulence: advanced models7 SPH method validation; 7.1 Introduction; 7.2 Steady flows; 7.3 Collapse of a water column; 7.4 Immersed bodies; 8 SPH applied to hydraulic works; 8.1 Introduction; 8.2 Wave action upon waterworks; 8.3 Fish pass; 8.4 Floating oil spill containment boom; 8.5 Dam spillway; 8.6 Conclusion: what future for SPH?; Appendix A: Tensorial formalism; Appendix B: Fourier transform; Bibliography; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; R; S; T; V; W; X; Z
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -583) and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|