Knowledge governance [electronic resource] : processes and perspectives / Nicolai J. Foss and Snejina Michailova.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2009.
1 online resource (309 p.)
- Intellectual capital -- Management.
Knowledge workers -- Management.
- Electronic books.
- While there are many books on knowledge management, knowledge governance is a concept that has not been so well explored, and is much less understood. Knowledge governance refers to choosing structures and mechanisms that can influence the processes of sharing and creating knowledge. The book argues that knowledge governance is a distinct issue in management and organization because knowledge processes differ on several dimensions from routine and more traditional processes. The relationship between governance issues and knowledge processes is under-researched, theoretically as well as empiric
- Contents; List of Figures; List of Tables; List of Contributors; 1. Knowledge Governance: Themes and Questions; 2. Governing Knowledge Creation: A Problem-Finding and Problem-Solving Perspective; 3. The Architecture of Knowledge Organization; 4. Poliarchic Governance and The Growth of Knowledge; 5. Managerial Authority When Knowledge is Distributed: A Knowledge Governance Perspective; 6. The Governance of Explorative Knowledge Production; 7. Superordinate Identity and Knowledge Creation and Transfer in Organizations; 8. Socialization Tactics as a Governance Mechanism in R&D Collaborations
9. Knowledge Governance for Open Innovation: Evidence from an EU R&D Collaboration10. An Exchange of Ideas About Knowledge Governance: Seeking First Principles and Microfoundations; 11. Knowledge Governance: What have We Learned? and Where are We Heading?; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W; Z
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Michailova, Snejina, 1965-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|