Euripides' escape-tragedies [electronic resource] : a study of Helen, Andromeda, and Iphigenia among the Taurians / Matthew Wright.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2005.
1 online resource (442 p.)
- Euripides -- Criticism and interpretation.
Euripides. Iphigenia in Tauris.
Helen, of Troy, Queen of Sparta -- In literature.
Andromeda (Greek mythology) in literature.
Iphigenia (Mythological character) -- In literature. in literature.
Escape in literature.
- Electronic books.
- "This is a study of three late plays of Euripides: Helen, Andromeda and Iphigenia among the Taurians. This book examines central themes such as myth, geography, cultural identity, philosophy, religion, and genre. Matthew Wright presents a new interpretation of the plays, arguing that they are a thematically connected trilogy"--Provided by publisher.
- Contents; Notes on Conventions; Prolegomena; 1 Escape-Tragedies; 2 Myth, Fiction, Innovation; 3 A Tragic Landscape; 4 Tragedy of Ideas; 5 The Tragic Universe; Afterword; Bibliography; Index Locorum; General Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -413) and indexes.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|