Who is worthy of protection? : gender-based asylum and US immigration politics / Meghana Nayak.
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Oxford studies in gender and international relations.
Oxford Studies in Gender and International Relations
1 online resource (273 p.)
- Refugees -- Government policy -- United States.
Asylum, Right of -- United States.
Women's rights -- Government policy -- United States.
United States -- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy.
- Electronic books.
- Gender-based asylum is a strategy to allow asylum seekers who have experienced gender persecution to find safe haven in the United States. However, it matters not just that but how we respond to gender violence and persecution. This book explores the politics of gender-based asylum through a comparative examination of asylum policy and cases regarding domestic violence, female circumcision, rape, trafficking, coercive sterilization/abortion, and persecution based on sexual and gender identity.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|