Global inequalities at work [electronic resource] : work's impact on the health of individuals, families, and societies / edited by Jody Heymann.
- New York ; Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2003.
1 online resource (354 p.)
- Industrial hygiene.
Regional economic disparities.
- Electronic books.
- Drawing on studies around the world, this book critically examines the many ways in which work is affecting health. It includes discussion of the ways in which working conditions affect income inequalities and health and the ways in which working conditions influence gender inequalities and health.
- Contents; About the Editor; Contributors; Introduction: The Global Spread of Risk; Part I: Global Health Risks in the Workplace: The Impact on Individuals; 1. Impact of Chemical and Physical Exposures on Workers' Health; 2. Biological and Social Risks Intertwined: The Case of AIDS; 3. Individuals at Risk: The Case of Child Labor; Part II: The Broader Impact of Global Working Conditions: The Effect on Families; 4. Labor Conditions and the Health of Children, Elderly and Disabled Family Members; 5. Maternal Labor, Breast-Feeding, and Infant Health
6. Parental Labor and Child Nutrition Beyond InfancyPart III: The Relationship between Work and Population Health; 7. Wage Poverty, Earned Income Inequality, and Health; 8. Gender Inequality in Work, Health, and Income; 9. Women, Labor, and Social Transitions; Part IV: Globalization of the Economy: The Risks and Opportunities It Creates for Health; 10. Work and Health in Export Industries at National Borders; 11. Opportunities for Improving Working Conditions through International Agreements; 12. The Role Global Labor Standards Could Play in Addressing Basic Needs; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G
HI; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; R; S; T; U; V; W; Y; Z
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Heymann, Jody, 1959-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|