Adoption by lesbians and gay men [electronic resource] : a new dimension in family diversity / edited by David M. Brodzinsky, Adam Pertman.
- New York ; Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2011.
1 online resource (287 p.)
- Gay adoption -- United States.
Gay parents -- United States.
Lesbian mothers -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- This is an examination of the misconceptions, myths, research and practice literature related tosexual-minority individuals' efforts to adopt and raise children. It also provides a blueprint for research and professional training and highlights best practice standards for working with this group of adoptive parents.
- Cover; Contents; Contributors; 1. American Adoption: A Brief History; 2. Emerging Diversity in Family Life: Adoption by Gay and Lesbian Parents; 3. Legal Issues in Lesbian and Gay Adoption; 4. Adoption by Lesbians and Gay Men: A National Survey of Adoption Agency Policies and Practices; 5. Adolescents with Same-Sex Parents: Findings from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health; 6. Planned Lesbian Families: A Review of the U.S. National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study; 7. Lesbian and Gay Prospective Foster and Adoptive Families: The Homestudy Assessment Process
8. Supporting Gay and Lesbian Adoptive Families Before and After Adoption9. Gay and Lesbian Adoptive Parents: Stressors and Strengths; 10. Lesbian and Gay Adoptive Parent Families: Assessment, Clinical Issues, and Intervention; 11. Adoption by Lesbians and Gay Men: What We Know, Need to Know, and Ought to Do; Author Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; R; S; T; U; V; W; Y; Z; Subject Index; A; B; C; E; F; G; H; I; J; L; M; N; O; P; S; T; U; W
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
Description based on print version record.
- Brodzinsky, David.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|