The absence of America : the London stage, 1576-1642
- Other Title:
- absence of America
- First edition.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Early modern literary geographies.
Early modern literary geographies The absence of America
1 online resource : illustrations (black and white).
- Theater -- History -- 16th century -- England -- London.
Theater -- History -- 17th century -- London -- England.
English drama -- History and criticism -- Early modern and Elizabethan, 1500-1600.
English drama -- History and criticism -- 17th century.
America -- In literature.
- 'The Absence of America' looks at London theatre at the time of Shakespeare and how it represented the New World, considering whether early modern drama was anti-American, as some contemporaries suggested.
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from home page (viewed on July 21, 2015).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|