New frontiers of philanthropy : a guide to the new tools and actors reshaping global philanthropy and social investing / Lester M. Salamon, editor.
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2014.
1 online resource (769 p.)
Investments -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Electronic books.
- The resources of both governments and traditional philanthropy are either barely growing or in decline, yet the problems of poverty, ill-health, and environmental degradation balloon daily. It is therefore increasingly clear that we urgently need new models for financing and promoting social and environmental objectives. Fortunately, a significant revolution appears to be underway on the frontiers of philanthropy and social investing, tapping not only philanthropy, but also private investment capital, and providing at least a partial response to this dilemma. This book examines the new actors
- Cover; New Frontiers of Philanthropy; Copyright; Contents; List of Figures; List of Tables; List of Boxes; Foreword; Preface; Acknowledgments; Directory of Participants; Part IIntroduction; Chapter 1The Revolution on the Frontiers of Philanthropy: An Introduction; Part II New Actors; Chapter 2Capital Aggregators; Chapter 3Secondary Markets; Chapter 4Social and Environmental Exchanges; Chapter 5 Foundations as "Philanthropic Banks"; Chapter 6 Enterprise Brokers; Chapter 7Capacity Builders; Chapter 8 Online Portals and Exchanges; Chapter 9Corporate-Originated Charitable Funds
Chapter 10Funding CollaborativesPart III New Tools; Chapter 11 Overview: The New Tools of "Philanthropy"; Chapter 12 Loans, Loan Guarantees, and Other Credit Enhancements*; Chapter 13 Fixed-Income Securities; Chapter 14 Securitization; Chapter 15 Private Equity Investments; Chapter 16 Social-Impact Bonds/Pay-for-Success Financing; Chapter 17 Insurance; Chapter 18 Socially Responsible Investing and Purchasing; Chapter 19 New Forms of Grantmaking: Competitions, Prizes, and Crowd Sourcing; Part IVCrosscutting Issues; Chapter 20 Who Gains, Who Loses?
Chapter 21 The Demand Side of the Social Investment MarketplaceChapter 22 The Elusive Quest for Impact: The Evolving Practice of Social-Impact Measurement; Chapter 23 The New Frontiers of Philanthropy in Global Perspective; Chapter 24 A Policy Agenda for the New Frontiers of Philanthropy; Appendix New Frontiers of Philanthropy Project Advisory Committee; Glossary; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Salamon, Lester M., editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|