Social work with groups : comprehensive practice and self-care / Charles H. Zastrow, Sarah L. Hessenauer.
- Other Title:
- Comprehensive practice and self-care
- Tenth edition.
- Boston, MA : Cengage,  , ©2019
- United States of America : [manufacturer not identified], 2018
- Brooks/Cole empowerment series
xxi, 598 pages : color illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Social group work -- Study and teaching -- United States.
Group relations training -- United States.
Group relations training.
Social group work -- Study and teaching.
- Build effective group leadership skills with the experiential and self-evaluation exercises in SOCIAL WORK WITH GROUPS. The authors discuss topics that are central to understanding group leadership: stages of groups, group dynamics, verbal and nonverbal communication, types of groups, and diversity in groups. With support from this book, your classroom becomes a "lab" where you can experience what it's like to work in and lead many kinds of groups. This edition also emphasizes self-care -- with 30 strategies that you can use to improve your, and your clients', well-being.
- Chapter 1. Groups: Types and Stages of Development
Chapter 2. Social Group Work and Social Work Practice
Chapter 3. Group Dynamics: Leadership
Chapter 4. Group Dynamics: Goals and Norms
Chapter 5. Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
Chapter 6. Task Groups
Chapter 7. Working with Diverse Groups
Chapter 8. Self-Help Groups
Chapter 9. Social Work with Families
Chapter 10. Organizations, Communities and Groups
Chapter 11. Educational Groups: With a Focus on Self-Care
Chapter 12. Treatment Groups
Chapter 13. Treatment Groups with Diverse and Vulnerable Populations
Chapter 14. Termination and Evaluation of a Group
Appendix 1. Group Treatment Theories Resource Manual (GTTRM)
Appendix 2. Answers to Group Exercises D-F in Chapter 6.
- Previous editions have varying subtitles.
Previous edition published: Social work with groups : a comprehensive worktext / Charles H. Zastrow. Stamford, CT : Cengage Learning, 2015.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 575-583) and index.
- Hessenauer, Sarah L., author.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|