Supporting today's students in the library : strategies for retaining and graduating international, transfer, first-generation, and re-entry students / editors, Ngoc-Yen Tran and Silke Higgins.
- Chicago, Illinoios : Association of College and Research Libraries, 
1 online resource
- College student development programs.
Students, Foreign -- Services for.
First-generation college students -- Services for.
Transfer students -- Services for.
- Intro; Table of Contents; Acknowledgments; Introduction; Ngoc-Yen Tran and Silke Higgins; Chapter 1; First-Generation Students and Libraries:; Beyond the Deficit Narrative; Anne Jumonville Graf; Chapter 2; Overcoming Language Barriers for Non-Native Speakers of English:; Learner Autonomy in Academic Libraries; Karen Bordonaro; Chapter 3; Addressing Stressors of Returning Adult Students in Online Learning Environments:; Lessons from the Neuman System Model; Shannon Fay Johnson; Chapter 4; Tailoring Library Instruction to Meet the Needs of Multilingual Students in Higher Education
Mariya Gyendina, Lindsay Matts-Benson, and Yao ChenChapter 5; Instructing by Modeling:; Teaching Students to Think Like Expert Searchers; Elizabeth Tompkins; Chapter 6; Online Learning Through LibGuides for English Language Learners:; A Case Study and Best Practices; Megan Hodge; Chapter 7; Closing the Gap:; Building an Academic Integrity Tutorial to Educate L2 Engineering Students; Jacalyn Kremer and Matthew Bernstein; Chapter 8; Reaching First-Generation and Underrepresented Students through Transparent Assignment Design; Ryne Leuzinger and Jacqui Grallo; Chapter 9
Research-Writing Practicum:A Signature Diversity and Inclusion Initiative to Increase Student Agency and Engagement; Elizabeth Stephan; Chapter 10; An Interdepartmental Collaboration to Target Research and Writing Challenges of International Graduate Students; Henri Mondschein, Tanvi Patel, and Mary Jo Shane; Chapter 11; Validation in the Archives:; Digital Library Strategies to Diversify Digital Collections in Support of First-Generation College Students; Rachel Mandell and Giao Luong Baker; Chapter 12; Meeting Them Where They Are:
Campus and Library Support Strategies for First-Generation StudentsStacy Brinkman, Jennifer Natale, and Josefine Smith; Chapter 13; Conversational Gamers:; Developing Language Skills and Connections through Games; Michelle Goodridge; Chapter 14; Meet, Greet, and Eat:; Creating Community for Transfer Students through a Library Picnic; Megan E. Welsh, Lindsay Roberts, and Cynthia Rain Keller; Chapter 15; The Family Zone:; Older, Transfer, and Commuter Student Involvement in the Library; Bridgit McCafferty, Margaret Dawson, Dianne Mueller, and Bessie Miller; Chapter 16; Single-Parent Students:
The Impact of the Academic Library on Their SuccessAhmed Alwan and Eric Garcia; Biographies
- Electronic reproduction. Ipswich, MA Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on December 19, 2019).
- Trần, Ngọc Yến, editor.
Higgins, Silke, editor.
- Other format:
- Print version: Tran, Ngoc-Yen Supporting Today's Students in the Library:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|