Charting environmental law futures in the Anthropocene / Michelle Lim, editor.
- Singapore : Springer, 
ix, 245 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Climatic changes -- Law and legislation.
- This book explores a range of plausible futures for environmental law in the new era of the Earth's history: the Anthropocene. The book discusses multiple contemporary and future challenges facing the planet and humanity. It examines the relationship between environmental law and the Anthropocene at governance scales from the global to the local. The breadth of issues and jurisdictions covered by the book, its forward-looking nature, and the unique generational perspective of the contributing authors means that this publication appeals to a wide audience from specialist academics and policy-makers to a broader lay readership. -- Provided by publisher.
- Foreword / Louis J. Kotzé
Securing equitable and sustainable futures in the Anthropocene : what role and challenges for environmental law? / Michelle Lim
Rights of nature in the Anthropocene : towards the democratization of environmental law? / María Valeria Berros
Moving towards "ecological civilization" in the Anthropocene : the future of environmental law in China / Di Zhou
International environmental law in the Anthropocene : addressing the gaps towards 'sustainable development law' / Fabiano de Andrade Correa, Marina Demaria Venâncio
Ecological restoration as a legal duty in the Anthropocene / An Cliquet
Governance for protected areas "beyond the boundary" : a conceptual framework for biodiversity conservation in the Anthropocene / Toshinori Tanaka
The ocean-climate nexus in the unfolding Anthropocene : addressing environmental challenges through international law and cooperation / Stephen Minas
Consequences of the recognition of forest protection as a common concern of humankind for the Anthropocene / Mas̆a Kovic̆ Dine
International water law in multi-scale governance of shaved waters in the Anthropocene : towards cooperation, not "water wars" / Remy Kinna
Rising China and Antarctic futures in the Anthropocene / Nengye Liu
The International Environmental Court : a necessary institution for sustainable planetary governance in the Anthropocene / Alexander M. Solntsev
Global assessment and review : the importance of a transparency turn in international environmental law / Nafiseh Jafarzadeh
Indigenous rights and Universal Periodic Review : a confluence of human rights and environmental issues / Jonathan Liljeblad
Constitutionally shackled : the story of environmental jurisprudence in India / Nupur Chowdhury
Liability for environmental harm as a response to the Anthropocene / Jacob Phelps, Carol Adaire Jones, John Pendergrass
On the hypotactic imperative for a transition from the Anthropocene to the Sustainocene / Benjamen Franklen Gussen
Municipal solid waste management in India : why judicial activism and legislative interventions have failed to effectively address this issue? / Maneka Kaur
Can South African planning law and policy promote urban sustainability in the Anthropocene? / Angela van der Berg
Pathways to equitable sustainability in the Anthropocene : an agenda for legal research / Michelle Lim.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Lim, Michelle, 1984- editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|