Bill Duke's Dark Girls / interviews by Shelia P. Moses ; photographs by Barron Claiborne.
- Other Title:
- Dark Girls
- First edition.
- New York : Amistad, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, 
xv, , 174 pages : portraits (some color) ; 24 cm
- Women, Black -- Social conditions.
African American women -- Social conditions.
Human skin color -- Social aspects -- United States.
Human skin color -- Social aspects.
Self-esteem in women.
African American women.
SOCIAL SCIENCE / Black Studies (Global)
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Presents outstanding women from all walks of life, sharing intimate insights into what their dark skin means to them. Features celebrities such as Lupita Nyong'o, Vanessa Williams, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Judge Mablean Ephriam, Brandi and Karli Harvey. --From publisher description.
- Words from Bill Duke
Impact of Colorism on Society / Dr. Tenika Jackson.
- "Designed by Suet Yee Chong."
Companion book to the documentary Dark Girls.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Duke, Bill, 1943- compiler.
Claiborne, Barron, photographer.
Moses, Shelia P., interviewer.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 9780062331687 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|