American short films / produced by Luke Morris, co-produced by Ben Lederman.
- Other Title:
- Cinema 16, American short films
Cinema sixteen, American short films
Title of disc surface: Cinema 16
- [Great Britain] : Cinema16, 
1 videodisc (209 min.) : sound, color and black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet ( pages : color illustrations ; 18 cm)
- United States -- Drama.
Motion pictures -- United States.
- Experimental films.
Stop-motion animation films.
Experimental -- Short films.
- In English; optional subtitles in French, German, Italian, Japanese or Spanish.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 0 (all regions); stereo.
video file DVD video region 0
- A collection of 16 short films by America's filmmakers, some of which are incredibly rare. The set includes works by Tim Burton, Andy Warhol, Alexander Payne, Todd Solondz, George Lucas, and Gus Van Sant, among others. Most of the films are accompanied by optional audio commentary, almost always by their respective directors.
-  The lunch date (1989, 11 min., b & w) / a film by Adam Davidson ; director of photography, Anghel Deca ; music, Thomas Cabaniss
 Five feet high and rising (1999, 29 min., col.) / photography, script and direction, Peter Sollett ; produced by Emma Wilcockson, Eva Vives ; edited by Eva Vives, Peter Sollett
 Freiheit (1966, 3 min., tinted b & w) / a film by [George] Lucas ; Cinema 310
 [Daybreak express] (1958, 5 min., col.) / by D.A. Pennebaker ; music by Duke Ellington
 Vincent (1982, 6 min., b & w) / distributed by Buena Vista Distribution Co., Inc. ; Walt Disney Productions presents ; narrated by Vincent Price ; written, designed and directed by Tim Burton ; produced by Rick Heinrichs ; director of photography, Victor Abdalov ; music, Ken Hilton ; sculpture and additional design, Rick Heinrichs ; animation, Stephen Chiodo
 Terminal Bar : photographs by Sheldon Nadelman (2002, 22 min., col. and b & w) / Tourist Pictures ; a film by Stefan Nadelman ; music by Dick Zved, Steve Rossiter, Michael Reid ; narration by Tom Clifford
 Terry Tate, office linebacker (2003, 4 min., col.) / written and directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber ; produced by Jason Ajax Mercer, Gary Bryman, Steve Hein ; director of photography, Eric Haase ; editor, Jason Painter ; composer, Dave Hutten
 Necrology (1969, 12 min., b & w) / Standish D. Lawder.
 The discipline of DE (1982, 9 min., b & w) Gus Van Sant presents ; from the story by William S. Burroughs
 The wraith of Cobble Hill (2006, 15 min., b & w) written and directed by Adam Parrish King ; produced by Monique Zavistovski ; art direction, cinematography, animation, sound design, Adam Parrish King ; editing, Adam Parrish King, Monique Zavistovski ; composer, Steven Gutheinz
 George Lucas in love (1999, 9 min., col.) directed by Joe Nussbaum ; produced by Joseph Levy ; written by Joe Nussbaum & Daniel Shere ; story by Joe Nussbaum & Timothy Dowling ; director of photography, Eric J. Haase ; film editor, Ryan Gold ; music by Deborah Lurie ; produced in association with Quality Filmed Entertainment ; presented by Mediatrip.com
 Meshes of the afternoon (1943, 14 min., b & w) a film by Maya Deren and Alexander Hamid ; music by Teiji Ito
 Carmen (1970, 18 min., col.) original music composed and performed by Alexander Payne ; director of photography, João Penna ; written and directed by Alexander Payne
 Feelings (1984, 3 min., b & w) camera, Andy Day ; a film by Todd Solondz
 Paperboys (2001, 41 min., col.) Jack Spade presents a Directors Bureau production ; conceived by Katie Powell & Andy Spade ; directed by Mike Mills ; produced by Ned Brown, Katherine Kennedy, Julia Leach ; director of photography, Joaquin Baca-Asay ; edited by Haines Hall
 [Screen test : Helmut] (1964, 5 min., b & w) [Andy Warhol].
- (The lunch date) Scotty Bloch, Clebert Ford, Bernard Johnson, Paul Sarnoff ; (Five feet high and rising) Victor Rasuk, Carlos Santiago, Judy Marte, Daniela Rivera ; (Freiheit) Randal Kleiser ; (Terry Tate, office linebacker) The Mighty Rasta, Michael Sean McGuiness ; (The discipline of DE) Frank Birney, David Worden, Ken Shapiro (narrator) ; (George Lucase in love) Martin Hynes, Lisa Jakub ; (Carmen) Joe Marinelli, Khorshied Machalle, Buddha Jon Parker, Steve Freedman, George Woodard, Jeri Alyse Pittman, Margo Fisher ; Jan Meredith.
- Producer, Luke Morris ; co-producer, Ben Lederman.
- Collective title from container; some credits from booklet.
Originally released as 16 short films between 1943-2005.
Special feature: optional audio commentary track for each film.
Accompanying booklet inserted in container includes notes on each film in English and French.
Jury Prize, Sundance Film Festival (10th film).
- Davidson, Adam, 1964- film director., Director
Sollett, Peter, 1976- cinematographer, screenwriter, film director., Cinematographer, Screenwriter, Director
Lucas, George, 1944- film director., Director
Pennebaker, D. A., film director., Director
Burton, Tim, 1958- screenwriter, film director., Screenwriter, Director
Nadelman, Stefan, film director., Director
Thurber, Rawson Marshall, 1975- screenwriter, film director., Screenwriter, Director
Lawder, Standish D., film director., Director
Van Sant, Gus, film director., Director
King, Adam Parrish, screenwriter, film director, cinematographer, editor of moving image work., Screenwriter, Director, Cinematographer, Film editor
Nussbaum, Joe, film director, screenwriter., Director, Screenwriter
Deren, Maya, film director., Director
Hammid, Alexander, film director., Director
Payne, Alexander, 1961- composer (expression), screenwriter, film director., Composer, Screenwriter, Director
Solondz, Todd, film director., Director
Mills, Mike, 1966- film director., Director
Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987, film director.
Mercer, Jason Ajax.
Dowling, Timothy, 1973-
Dunlop, Julia (Julia Leach)
Price, Vincent, 1911-1993.
Burroughs, William S., 1914-1997.
Cabaniss, Thomas, 1962-
Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974.
Hilton, Ken (Musician)
Rossiter, Steve (Musician)
Smith, Elliott, 1969-2003.
Rasuk, Victor, 1984-
Marte, Judy, 1984-
Jakub, Lisa, 1978-
Cinema16 (Organization : London, England)
Walt Disney Productions.
Buena Vista Distribution Co.
Quality Filmed Entertainment.
Directors Bureau (Firm)
- Lunch date.
Five feet high and rising.
Terry Tate, office linebacker.
Discipline of DE.
Wraith of Cobble Hill.
George Lucas in love.
Meshes of the afternoon.
Screen test: Helmut.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|