The poems of Andrew Marvell.
- Standardized Title:
- Poems. Selections
- Mount Vernon : The Peter Pauper Press, 
117 pages, 1 unnumbered page : portrait ; 25 cm
- English poetry.
Private press books (Printing)
Typefaces (Type evidence) -- Janson.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) Mount Vernon (Westchester County)
- To his noble friend Mr. Richard Lovelace, upon his poems
Upon the death of Lord Hastings
A dialogue between the resolved soul, and created pleasure
On a drop of dew
Eyes and tears
Clorinda and Damon
A dialogue between Thyrsis and Dorinda
A dialogue between the soul and body
The nymph complaining for the death of her faun
To his coy mistress
The unfortunate lover
The fair singer
Daphnis and Chloe
The definition of love
The picture of little T. C. in a prospect of flowers
The mower against gardens
Damon the Mower
The mower to the glo-worms
The mower's song
Ametas and Thestylis making hay-ropes
An epitaph upon
Upon the hill and grove at Bill-borow
Upon Appleton House
Fleckno, an English priest at Rome
An Horation ode upon Cromwel's return from Ireland
Tom May's death
The character of Holland
The first anniversary of the government under O. C.
On the victory obtained by Blake over the Spaniards, in the Bay of Santacruz, in the island of Teneriff. 1657
Two songs at the marriage of the Lord Fauconberg and the Lady Mary Cromwell
A poem upon the death of O. C.
On Mr. Milton's Paradise lost.
- "The present edition follows the text of the fine two-volume "The poems and letters of Andrew Marvell" edited by Professor H.M. Margoliouth and published by the Oxford University Press. The present edition includes the poems published before 1650, and the "Miscellaneous poems" first published in 1681. The "Satires," and the Latin and Greek poems, have been omitted" -- Page 5.
"1550 copies, set in the Janson types, were printed on special paper at the Walpole Printing Office" -- Colophon.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Vilain-Wieck Collection of Private Presses copy purchased by the Penn Libraries in 2013.
- Penn Provenance:
- Vilain, Jean-François, 1942- (donor) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
Wieck, Roger S. (donor) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Peter Pauper Press, publisher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|