A devil comes to town / Paolo Maurensig ; translated by Anne Milano Appel.
- Standardized Title:
- Diavolo nel cassetto. English
- New York : World Editions, 2019.
115 pages ; 22 cm
- Forests and forestry -- Switzerland -- Fiction.
Foxes -- Switzerland -- Fiction.
Villages -- Switzerland -- Fiction.
Rabies -- Switzerland -- Fiction.
Devil -- Fiction.
Authorship -- Fiction.
Forests and forestry.
- Translated to English from the Italian.
- Wild rabies runs rampant through the woods. The foxes are gaining ground, boldly making their way into the village. In Dichtersruhe, an insular yet charming haven stifled by Swiss mountains, these omens go unnoticed by all but the new parish priest. The residents have other things on their mind: Literature. Everyone's a writer - the nights are alive with reworked manuscripts. So when the devil turns up in a black car claiming to be a hotshot publisher, unsatisfied authorial desires are unleashed and the village's former harmony is shattered.
- Translation of: Il diavolo nel cassetto.
Originally published: Italy : Einaudi, 2018.
- Appel, Anne Milano, translator.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|