All about Eve / 20th Century Fox ; Darryl F. Zanuck presents ; produced by Darryl F. Zanuck ; written for the screen and directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz.
- Standardized Title:
- All about Eve (Motion picture)
- Two-DVD special edition.
- [New York, N.Y.] : The Criterion Collection,  , ©2019.
- Criterion collection; 1003.
The Criterion collection ; 1003
2 videodiscs (138 min.) : DVD video, sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (44 pages : illustrations ; 19 cm)
4 3/4 in.
black and white
- Orr, Mary -- Film adaptations.
Actresses -- United States -- Drama.
Theater -- United States -- Drama.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Show business films.
Melodramas (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English.
Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; full screen (1.37:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Audio monaural.
- "In Joseph L. Mankiewicz's devastatingly witty Hollywood classic, backstage is where the real drama plays out. One night, Margo Channing (Bette Davis) entertains a surprise dressing-room visitor: her most adoring fan, the shy, wide-eyed Eve Harrington (Anne Baxter). But as Eve becomes a fixture in Margo's life, the Broadway legend soon realizes that her supposed admirer intends to use her and everyone in her circle, including George Sanders's acid-tongued critic, as stepping-stones to stardom. Featuring stiletto-sharp dialogue and direction by Mankiewicz, and an unforgettable Davis in the role that revived her career and came to define it, the multiple-Oscar-winning All About Eve is the most deliciously entertaining film ever made about the ruthlessness of show business"--Container.
- Disc 1. [Feature film; special features]
disc 2. [Special features].
- Bette Davis, Anne Baxter, George Sanders, Celeste Holm, Gary Merrill, Hugh Marlowe, Gregory Ratoff, Thelma Ritter, Marilyn Monroe, Barbara Bates, Walter Hampden.
- Director of photography, Milton Krasner; editor, Barbara McLean; art direction, Lyle Wheeler, George W. Davis; costumes by Edith Head; music, Alfred Newman.
- Title and credits from screen.
Based on the short story The wisdom of Eve / by Mary Orr.
Aspect ratio 1.37:1.
Title from title frame.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1950.
Features on disc one: 4K digital restoration; Two audio commentaries from 2010, one featuring actor Celeste Holm, director Joseph L Mankiewicz's son Christopher Mankiewicz, and author Kenneth L. Geist, and the other featuring author Sam Staggs; New interview with costume historian Larry McQueen; Directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz (a documentary from 2010 about Mankiewicz's life and career); The secret of Sarah Siddons (a documentary from 2010 which chronicles the formation of a real Sarah Siddons Society in Chicago); Radio adaptation of the film from 1951; Promotion for the film featuring Davis -- on disc two: All About Mankiewicz, a feature-length documentary from 1983 about the director; Episodes of The Dick Cavett Show from 1969 and 1980 featuring actors Bette Davis and Gary Merrill; Hollywood Backstories: "All About Eve," a 2001 documentary featuring interviews with Davis and others about the making of the film; Joseph L. Mankiewicz: a personal journey (a documentary from 2010 in the director's life); The real Eve (a documentary from 2000 with film scholar Jonathan Kuntz and theater critic Harry Haun discussing the real-life people who inpired the film) -- in booklet: "The Wisdom of Eve," the 1946 short story on which the film is based; An essay by critic Terrence Rafferty.
- Mankiewicz, Joseph L., screenwriter, film director.
Zanuck, Darryl Francis, 1902-1979, film producer.
Krasner, Milton, director of photography.
Newman, Alfred, 1901-1970, composer (expression)
McLean, Barbara, 1903-1996, editor of moving image work.
Wheeler, Lyle, 1905-1990, art director.
Davis, George W., 1914-1998, art director.
Head, Edith, costume designer.
Davis, Bette, 1908-1989, actor.
Baxter, Anne, actor.
Sanders, George, 1906-1972, actor.
Holm, Celeste, 1917-2012, actor.
Merrill, Gary, actor.
Marlowe, Hugh, 1911-1982, actor.
Ratoff, Gregory, 1897-1960, actor.
Ritter, Thelma, actor.
Monroe, Marilyn, 1926-1962, actor.
Bates, Barbara, 1925-1969, actor.
Hampden, Walter, 1879-1955, actor.
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation, production company.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Container of: Orr, Mary. Wisdom of Eve.
Container of: All about Eve (Motion picture)
- Publisher Number:
CC3089DDVD The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|