Capitalism's hidden worlds / edited by Kenneth Lipartito and Lisa Jacobson.
- 1st edition.
- Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press, 
- Hagley perspectives on business and culture
Hagley perspectives on business and culture
viii, 283 pages ; 24 cm.
- Capitalism -- History.
Informal sector (Economics) -- History.
Black market -- History.
Informal sector (Economics)
- "This is a book in the history of business. It is about illicit forms of capitalistic enterprise, from the nineteenth century to the present and wide-ranging geographically"-- Provided by publisher.
- Mapping the shadowlands of capitalism / Kenneth Lipartito and Lisa Jacobson
Lifting the veil of money : what economic indicators hide / Eli Cook
Accounting for reproductive labor : feminist economists and the construction of social knowledge on rural women in the global South / Eileen Boris
The loose cotton economy of the New Orleans waterfront in the late nineteenth century / Bruce E. Baker
Jim Crow's cut : white supremacy and the destruction of black capital in the forests of the Deep South / Owen James Hyman
In the shadow of incorporation : hidden economies of the Hispano borderlands, 1890-1930 / Bryan W. Turo
Capitalism's back pages : "immoral" advertising and invisible markets in Paris's mass press, 1880-1940 / Hannah Frydman
Capitalism's black heart in wartime France / Kenneth Mouré
The emergence of the offshore economy, 1914-1939 / James Hollis and Christopher McKenna
Comrades in-between : transforming commercial practice in the People's Republic of China, 1949-1962 / Philip Scranton
Hidden realms of private entrepreneurship : Soviet Jews and post-World War II Artels in the USSR / Anna Kushkova.
- Six of the essays in this collection are revised versions of papers presented at a 2017 conference, "Hidden capitalism : below, beneath, and beyond the market" held at the Hagley Library in Wilmington, Delaware -- Preface.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Lipartito, Kenneth, 1957- editor.
Jacobson, Lisa, 1962- editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|