Dalit feminist theory : a reader / edited by Sunaina Arya and Aakash Singh Rathore.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2020. , ©2020
xvi, 245 pages ; 24 cm
- Feminist theory -- India.
Feminism -- India.
Dalit women -- India -- Social conditions.
Caste -- India.
Dalit women -- Social conditions.
- "Dalit Feminist Theory: A Reader reorients Indian feminism by examining the relationship between gender and caste to achieve gender justice for all women, not just women of privileged castes"-- Provided by publisher.
- Introduction: Theorizing Dalit feminism / Sunaina Arya and Aakash Singh Rathore
A critical view on intersectionality / Nivedita Menon
Problems for a contemporary theory of gender / Susie Tharu and Tejaswini Niranjana
Indian feminism and 'Dalit patriarchy' / Gopal Guru, V. Geetha, and Uma Chakravarti
Dalit women's agency and Phule-Ambedkarite feminism / Shailaja Paik
Ambedkarite women / Wandana Sonalkar
Ramabai and Ambedkar / Sharmila Rege
Brahmanical nature of violence against women / Sharmila Rege
Vilifying Dalit women : epics and aesthetics / Vizia Bharati and Y.S. Alone
Dalit women's autobiographies / Sharmila Rege
'Difference' through intersectionality / Kimberlé Crenshaw
Dalit women talk differently / Gopal Guru
Debating Dalit difference / Sharmila Rege
Why intersectionality is necessary / S.J. Aloysius, J.P. Mangubhai and J.G. Lee
The Dalit woman question / Susie Tharu
Responses to Indian feminists' objections / Mary E. John and Meena Gopal
Feminist fictions : a critique of Indian feminism / Julie Stephens
Revitalising Dalit feminism / Smita M. Patil
Dalit women's experience : toward a Dalit feminist theory / Kanchana Mahadevan.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Arya, Sunaina, editor.
Rathore, Aakash Singh, editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Dalit feminist theory.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|