How to finance cohesion in Europe? / edited by Ewald Nowotny, Doris Ritzberger-Grünwald, Helen Schuberth.
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA, USA : Edward Elgar Publishing, 
vii, 186 pages : illustrations, maps, charts ; 24 cm
- European Union -- Finance.
European Union countries -- Economic integration.
European Union countries -- Economic policy.
International economic integration.
European Union countries.
- "How can financial flows help the EU fulfil its mandate to promote economic, social and territorial cohesion, and solidarity among Member States enshrined in the EU Treaty? Dissecting the complexity of cohesion, this book examines the factors that matter most for the functioning of the Economic and Monetary Union and the convergence of Central, Eastern and Southeastern (CESEE) countries. This insightful and timely book brings together central bankers, policy makers and academics to discuss how to best advance and fund teh catching-up process of the euro area and CESEE countries. Focusing on a modern understanding of industrial policy - which fosters skills, innovation and infrastructure - contributors highlight how the EU's regional policy can better meet persistent investment needs. Critical and comprehensive, this book is crucial reading for researchers at all levels focusing on policy reform in emerging European economies. Central bankers and policy experts in public or international organizations will also benefit from this book's contemporary perspective on monetary and industrial policies"--Back cover.
- Funding European solidarity / Ewald Nowotny, Doris Ritzberger-Grünwald and Helen Schuberth
The role of the European Union in fostering convergence / Benoît Coeuré
Monetary policy and catching-up in CESEE / Anita Ngelovska Bezhoska
Some considerations about the impact of monetary policy on economic convergence / Mugur Isărescu
Nominal versus real convergence: Bulgaria's practical approach toward euro adoption / Dimitar Radev
Strengthening economic convergence in Europe / Jeffrey D. Sachs
Trust and cohesion in Europe: lessons from the Delian League / Athanasios Orphanides
The next EU budget and the financing of cohesion policy / Sándor Richter
Strengthening added value and sustainability orientation in the EU budget / Margit Schratzenstaller
EU budget: how to deliver more with less? The case for financial instruments / Stéphane Saurel
Deindustrialization, job polarization and ageing in emerging Europe / Ralph De Haas and Martin Höflmayr
Mind the gap: how does the flow of EU funds match structural investment gaps in CESEE? / Tomáš Slačík
Improving host countries' investment environment: is the national supply side really the right focus? / Andrew Watt.
- "Published in association with Oesterreichische Nationalbank, Austria."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Nowotny, Ewald, 1944- editor.
Ritzberger-Grünwald, Doris, 1961- editor.
Schuberth, Helene, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|