Lady sings the blues / Billie Holiday with William Dufty.
- New York : Avon, 1976.
192 pages ; 18 cm
- Holiday, Billie, 1915-1959.
African American women jazz singers -- Biography.
Women jazz singers -- United States -- Biography.
Women jazz musicians -- United States -- Biography.
African American women entertainers -- Biography.
African American musicians -- Social conditions.
African American singers -- Social conditions.
United States -- Race relations.
African American women entertainers.
African American women jazz singers.
Women jazz musicians.
Women jazz singers.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City).
- The autobiography of the famous jazz singer, describing her life from her childhood in the Baltimore slums to the drug addiction that tarnished her success.
- "Copyright ©1956 by Eleanora Fagan and William F. Dufty"--verso of title page.
"First Avon printing,February 1976. Fifth printing."--verso of title page.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Dufty, William, author.
Avon Books, publisher.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|