Mountain / July August Production presents ; in co-production with Windelov/Lassen ; a film by Yaelle Kayam ; written and directed by Yaelle Kayam ; producers, Eilon Ratzkovsky, Yochanan Kredo, Lisa and Yossi Uzrad, Guy Jacoel.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : First Run Features, 2015.
1 online resource (82 minutes)
- Orthodox Judaism -- Israel -- Drama.
Jewish women -- Israel -- Drama.
Prostitutes -- Israel -- Drama.
Drug traffic -- Israel -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- In Hebrew with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- video file
- In 'Mountain,' a young Orthodox Jewish woman becomes involved with a nocturnal community of prostitutes and drug dealers. Tzvia lives with her family in the Jewish cemetery on Jerusalem's Mount of Olives. During the day, while her husband and children are at school, she is left alone on the mountain. She goes for walks in the cemetery, trying to escape the endless house work. One night, to her surprise, she is exposed to an unsettling sexual scene. Stirred by this image, she starts exploring this new realm of the mountain, while trying to keep a normal face during her daytime routine. Until she can't anymore.
- Shani Klein, Avshalom Polak, Itam Omri, Orly Pearl.
- Title from resource description page (viewed December 09, 2019).
Nominated 2015 AFI Fest Audience Award, New Auteurs
Won 2016 San Francisco International Film Festival Special Jury Award, New Director
Nominated 2016 San Francisco International Film Festival Golden Gate Award, New Director
Nominated 2016 Sarasota Film Festival Jury Prize Narrative Feature Film Competition
- Kayam, Yaelle, 1979- director, screenwriter.
First-Run Features (Firm), film distributor.
July August Productions, presenter.
Windelov/Lassen, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- DVD version:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|