PlantOmics: The Omics of Plant Science / edited by Debmalya Barh, Muhammad Sarwar Khan, Eric Davies.
- 1st ed. 2015.
- New Delhi : Springer India : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Springer-11642)
1 online resource (XXV, 825 pages) : 131 illustrations, 88 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- Plant Sciences. (search)
Posttranslational Modification. (search)
Protein Science. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- PlantOmics: The Omics of Plant Science provides a comprehensive account of the latest trends and developments of omics technologies or approaches and their applications in plant science. Thirty chapters written by 90 experts from 15 countries are included in this state-of-the-art book. Each chapter describes one topic/omics such as: omics in model plants, spectroscopy for plants, next generation sequencing, functional genomics, cyto-metagenomics, epigenomics, miRNAomics, proteomics, metabolomics, glycomics, lipidomics, secretomics, phenomics, cytomics, physiomics, signalomics, thiolomics, organelle omics, micro morphomics, microbiomics, cryobionomics, nanotechnology, pharmacogenomics, and computational systems biology for plants. It provides up to date information, technologies, and their applications that can be adopted and applied easily for deeper understanding plant biology and therefore will be helpful in developing the strategy for generating cost-effective superior plants for various purposes. In the last chapter, the editors have proposed several new areas in plant omics that may be explored in order to develop an integrated meta-omics strategy to ensure the world and earth's health and related issues. This book will be a valuable resource to students and researchers in the field of cutting-edge plant omics.
- Chapter-1: Omics of Model Plants
Chapter-2:Instrumental techniques and methods: their role in plant omics
Chapter-3:Next generation sequencing and assembly of plant genomes
Chapter-4: Functional genomics: applications in plant science
Chapter-5: Cytogenomics and mutagenomics in plant functional biology and breeding
Chapter-6: Plant Epigenetics and Crop Improvement
Chapter-7: Plant miRNomics: novel insights in gene expression and regulation
Chapter-8:Plant Proteomics: Technologies and applications
Chapter-9: Plant Metabolomics: An overview of technology platforms for applications in metabolism
Chapter-10:Plant Glycomics: advances and applications
Chapter-11: Plant Lipidomics: Signalling and Analytical Strategies
Chapter-12: Plant secretomics: unique initiatives
Chapter-13: Phenomics: Technologies and applications in plant and agriculture
Chapter-14: Plant Cytomics: Novel Methods to View Molecules on the Move
Chapter-15:Plant Physiomics: Photo-electro-chemical and molecular retrograde signaling in plant acclimatory and defence responses
Chapter-16: Signalomics: diversity and methods of analysis of systemic signals in plants
Chapter-17: Signalome in salt stress
Chapter-18: Thiolomics: Molecular mechanisms of thiol-cascade in plant growth and nutrition
Chapter-19: Chloroplast Omics: global strategies for study of plastid biology
Chapter-20: Transplastomics: A convergence of genomics and biotechnology
Chapter-21:Plant Mitochondrial Omics: state of the art knowledge
Chapter-22: Micromorphomics: a morphological dissection to unveil environmental stress
Chapter-23: Microbiomics: An approach to community microbiology
Chapter-24: Cryobionomics: evaluating the concept in plant cryopreservation
Chapter-25: Nanobiotechnology: applications in plant and agriculture
Chapter-26: Plant pharmacogenomics: from drug discovery to personalized ethnomedicine
Chapter-27: Machine learning approaches in plant biology
Chapter-28: Applications of bioinformatics in plant and agriculture
Chapter-29: Plant system biology: insights and advancements
Chapter-30: Plantomics and Futuromics.
- Barh, Debmalya, editor., Editor,
Khan, Muhammad Sarwar, editor., Editor,
Davies, Eric. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-81-322-2172-2 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|