IgE Antibodies: Generation and Function / edited by Juan J. Lafaille, Maria A. Curotto de Lafaille.
- 1st ed. 2015.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Springer-11642)
Current topics in microbiology and immunology 0070-217X ; 388
Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology, 0070-217X ; 388
1 online resource (IX, 152 pages) : 21 illustrations, 16 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This volume examines all facets of the complex biology of Immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibodies, which play an essential role in the pathophysiology of allergic diseases and immunity to parasites. It highlights the unique mechanisms involved in the regulation of IgE production at both the molecular and cellular level. Furthermore, it discusses in detail novel findings on how the affinity, specificity and cross-reactivity of IgE can fine-tune mast cell responses to allergens. The book also explores the beneficial roles of IgE antibodies in immunity to helminthes and protection against tumors, and how the properties of IgE-mediated immunity are employed in the development of IgE therapeutic antibodies. All chapters were written by respected experts in their fields and will appeal to scientists and clinicians alike.
- Biology of IgE Production: IgE Cell Differentiation and the Memory of IgE Responses
Molecular Mechanisms of IgE Class Switch Recombination
Anti-IgE Therapy: Clinical Utility and Mechanistic Insights
New Insights on the Signaling and Function of the High Affinity Receptor for IgE
Helminth-Induced IgE and Protection Against Allergic Disorders
IgE Immunotherapy Against Cancer.
- Lafaille, Juan J. editor., Editor,
Curotto de Lafaille, Maria A. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-13725-4 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|