Micro-, Meso- and Macro-Dynamics of the Brain / edited by György Buzsáki, Yves Christen.
- 1st ed. 2016.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Springer-11642)
Research and perspectives in neurosciences 0945-6082
Research and Perspectives in Neurosciences, 0945-6082
1 online resource (XIII, 172 pages) : 33 illustrations, 30 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- Neurosciences. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- How does the brain orchestrate perceptions, thoughts, and actions from the activity of its neurons? Addressing these challenging issues requires methods with sufficiently high temporal and spatial resolution of neuronal activity in both local and global networks as well as theories to advance understanding how different levels of brain dynamics interact. This book brings together leading investigators who represent various aspects of brain dynamics with the goal of presenting state-of-the-art current progress and address future developments. The topics cover the most fascinating facets of neuroscience from elementary computation of neurons, mesoscopic network oscillations, internally generated assembly sequences in the service of cognition, large-scale neuronal interactions within and across systems, the impact of sleep on cognition, memory and mental illness, brain controlled robots, motor-sensory integration, spatial navigation, large-scale computation and consciousness. Overall, this volume offers an integrated view of the challenges and opportunities in deciphering brain circuits in health and disease. 2FI0208.
- Hippocampal mechanisms for the segmentation of space by goals and boundaries
Cortical Evolution: Introduction to the Reptilian Cortex
Flow of information underlying a tactile decision in mice
The Visual Brain: Computing through Multiscale Complexity
Grid cells and spatial maps in entorhinal cortex and hippocampus
The striatum and decision-making based on value
Decoding the dynamics of conscious perception: The temporal generalization method
Sleep and synaptic down-selection
Federating and integrating what we know about the brain at all scales - a challenge for the future. Computer science meets the clinical neurosciences.
- Buzsáki, G., editor., Editor,
Christen, Yves, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-28802-4 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|