The golden touch / by Nathaniel Hawthorne ; decorated & illuminated by Valenti Angelo for the Peter Pauper Press.
- [Mount Vernon, N.Y.] : Peter Pauper Press, 
- Mount Vernon, N.Y. : Walpole Printing Office
39 pages : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- Midas (Legendary character) -- Juvenile literature.
Midas (Legendary character)
- Childrens subjects:
- Midas (Legendary character)
- Juvenile works.
Private press books (Printing)
Typefaces (Type evidence) -- Lutetia.
Canson and Montgolfier (Paper)
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) Mount Vernon (Westchester County)
- A retelling of the story of King Midas, whose love of gold lead to the curse of being granted his wish, that all he touched would turn into gold.
- From the "Wonder book for boys and girls."
"Three hundred eighty-five copies of this book have been set by hand in Lutetia type, and printed on mould-made Canson and Montgolfier paper at the Walpole Printing Office, Mount Vernon, New York."--Colophon.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Vilain-Wieck Collection of Private Presses copy purchased by the Penn Libraries in 2013.
- Penn Provenance:
- Vilain, Jean-François, 1942- (donor) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
Wieck, Roger S. (donor) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
Willoughby, Mary Alice (autograph, April 12 1940) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Donnelly & Dobkin, 197 (page 54)
- Angelo, Valenti, 1897-1982, illustrator.
Peter Pauper Press, publisher.
Walpole Printing Office, printer.
Jean-François Vilain and Roger S. Wieck Collection of Private Presses, Ephemera, & Related References (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|