The house of the seven gables : a romance / by Nathaniel Hawthorne ; with an introduction by Van Wyck Brooks and illustrations in color by Valenti Angelo.
- Other records:
- New York : Limited Editions Club, 1935 , ©1935
- Windham, Conn. : Hawthorn House
xviii, 413 pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm
- Haunted houses -- Fiction.
Salem (Mass.) -- Fiction.
Massachusetts -- Salem.
- Local subjects:
- 1897-1982 (autograph) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
- Domestic fiction.
Private press books (Printing)
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
United States Connecticut Windham.
- "Fifteen hundred copies ... were printed for the members of the Limited Editions Club by Edmund B. Thompson at Hawthorne house, Windham, Connecticut : the illustrations having been drawn by Valenti Angelo who here signs this copy."
Issued in slipcase.
"The entire contents of this edition are copyright 1935 by The George Macy Companies, Inc."--Verso of title page.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Vilain-Wieck Collection of Private Presses copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2015.
Vilain-Wieck Collection copy is number 724. Signed.
- Penn Provenance:
- Vilain, Jean-François, 1942- (donor) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
Wieck, Roger S. (donor) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
Angelo, Valenti, 1897-1982 (autograph) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Newman & Wiche. Great and good books, 66
Limited Editions Club. Bibliography of the fine books published by the Limited Editions Club, 1929-1985, no. 66
- Angelo, Valenti, 1897-1982, illustrator.
Thompson, Edmund, 1897-1974, printer.
Hawthorn House (Firm), printer.
Limited Editions Club, publisher.
Jean-François Vilain and Roger S. Wieck Collection of Private Presses, Ephemera, & Related References (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|