Marxism goes to the movies / Mike Wayne.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2020. , ©2020
ix, 217 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Motion pictures -- Political aspects.
Motion pictures -- Social aspects.
Communism and motion pictures.
- "This book provides a long-awaited account of how Marxism has shaped both the medium of film and the study of film. It covers key concepts that anyone studying film needs to engage with, as well as key theorists (both within and beyond film studies) and provides an historical perspective on the development of Marxism and film. Author Mike Wayne argues the need to de-reify how we look at film, link text to context, consciousness to social being, industrial strategies to cultural struggle and assesses new technological, cultural and political trends historically"-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: Wayne, Mike. Marxism goes to the movies.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|