Fighting for virtue : justice and politics in Thailand / Duncan McCargo.
- Ithaca : Cornell University Press, 2019.
- Studies of the Weatherhead East Asian Institute, Columbia University
Studies of the Weatherhead East Asian Institute, Columbia University
xii, 261 pages ; 24 cm.
- Political questions and judicial power -- Thailand.
Judicial power -- Thailand.
Judges -- Thailand.
Thailand -- Politics and government -- 21st century.
Political questions and judicial power.
Politics and government.
- "Offers an analysis of the recent era of "judicialization," using close scrutiny of some key trials to explain how and why Thailand's judges proved unable to resolve the country's longstanding political crisis, despite their royal mandate to do so"-- Provided by publisher.
- Introduction : legalism and the revival of treason
Bench and throne
Challenges to the judiciary
Against the crown?
Against the state
Crimes of Thaksin
Conclusion : the trouble is politics.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: McCargo, Duncan, author. Fighting for virtue
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|