Kinanthropometry IX [electronic resource] : proceedings of the 9th International Conference of the International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry / edited by Michael Marfell-Jones, Arthur Stewart, and Tim Olds.
- Abingdon : Routledge, 2006.
1 online resource (161 p.)
- Anthropometry -- Congresses.
Kinesiology -- Congresses.
Somatotypes -- Congresses.
Sports -- Physiological aspects -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- This is an edited collection of peer-reviewed papers presented at the Ninth International Conference of the Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry. Defined as the relationship between human body structure and function, kinanthropometry is an area of growing interest, and these proceedings will be of use to students, academics and professionals in the areas of ergonomics, sports science, nutrition, health, and other allied fields. The assembled works represent the latest research findings across kinanthropometry, moving the discipline forward and promoting good practice and the exch
- Book Cover; Half-Title; Title; Copyright; Contents; Preface; Introduction; 1. The use of 3D whole-body scanners in anthropometry; 2. Comparative morphology of strongmen and bodybuilders; 3. Built for Success: Homogeneity in Elite Athlete Morphology; 4. A kinanthropometric profile and morphological prediction functions of elite international male javelin throwers; 5. Athletic Morphology: Approaches and limitations using dual X-ray absorptiometry and anthropometry; 6. Monitoring exercise-induced fluid losses by segmental bioelectrical impedance analysis
7. Anthropometric Measurements in Zambian Children8. Pubertal Maturation, Hormonal Levels and Body Composition in Elite Gymnasts; 9. Body Composition Before and After Six Weeks Pre-season Training in Professional Football Players; 10. Body image and body composition differences in Japanese and Australian males; 11. The observed and perceived body image of female Comrades Marathon athletes; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Marfell-Jones, Mike.
Stewart, Arthur, 1958-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|