Write for children / Andrew Melrose.
- London ; New York : RoutledgeFalmer, 2002.
1 online resource (180 p.)
- Children's literature -- Authorship.
- Electronic books.
- Writing for children is not about writing little stories, it is about writing big stories, shorter. Children's literature is an art form in its own right, and this book is for everyone who wants not just to write for children, but to write well for them. This short guide to creative writing for children is based on the author's own successful MA course. Andrew Melrose provides guidance on every aspect of the process of writing for children. He stresses the importance of 'writing for' the child and not 'writing to or at' them. Literacy and learning depend on writing and reading and it is theref
- Book Cover; Title; Contents; Introduction; Crafting and the critically creative; Write the rights/know the wrongs; Characters; Viewpoint; Pyramid plot structure; Dialogue; Prose; Write the height; Sensory books; Picture books; Fiction; Submission; Write the rest; Poetry (an introduction); Film and new media (an introduction); Notes; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -163) and index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203164846 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|