Rights in divided societies [electronic resource] / edited by Colin Harvey and Alex Schwartz.
- Oxford ; Portland, Or. : Hart Pub., 2012.
- Human Rights Law in Perspective
Human rights law in perspective ; v. 17
Human Rights Law in Perspective ; v.17
1 online resource (285 p.)
- Civil rights.
- Electronic books.
- This collection examines the role and value of domestic rights instruments in divided and post-conflict societies, approaching the subject from a comparative and theoretical perspective.
- Cover; Prelims; Contents; Author Biographies; 1. Introduction; Part I. Divided Democracy; 2. Rights versus Democracy? The Bill of Rights in Plurinational States; 3. Managing Conflict Through Democracy; 4. Ethnicity and Competing Notions of Rights; Part II. Judicial Independence and Empowerment; 5. Independent or Dependent? Constitutional Courts in Divided Societies; 6. Judicial Empowerment in Divided Societies: The Northern Ireland Bill of Rights Process in Comparative Perspective; Part III. Post-Conflict Constitutions
7. The Nature and Effects of Constitutional Rights in Post-conflict Bosnia and Herzegovina8. Constitutional Change and the Quest for Legal Inclusion in Nepal; Part IV. Pluralism; 9. The Charter of Rights and Freedoms and Canadian Unity; 10. Education, Crucifixes and Headscarves: The Appropriation of Meanings and the Content of Rights in Divided Societies; 11. Forcing Consensus: Challenges for Rights-based Constitutionalism in Chile; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Harvey, Colin J.
Schwartz, Alex, 1978-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|