Present / Stephan Vanfleteren ; translation, Elise Reynolds.
- [Lichtervelde] : Hannibal, c2019.
495 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits ; 32 cm
- Vanfleteren, Stephan, 1969 -- -Exhibitions.
Photography, Artistic -- Exhibitions.
Vanfleteren, Stephan, 1969-.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Stephan Vanfleteren (° 1969) is best known to the general public for his penetrating black and white portraits, but in recent decades he has also made a wide range of documentary, artistic and personal work. From street photography in world cities like New York to the genocide in Rwanda, from facades and showcases to the mystical landscapes of the Atlantic Wall, from still lifes to penetrating portraits.0This year Vanfleteren turns fifty and he celebrates this with a large retrospective exhibition in the Antwerp Photo Museum and with the publication 'Present', in which he looks back on his fascinating career. "I was there, I was present," said the photographer, who always feels himself both an accomplice and a witness.0For 'Present', Vanfleteren made a wide selection of more than three hundred photos from his rich archive, some of which have become iconic images and others have never been published before. In extensive texts he reflects on how photography as a genre, but also his own work, has evolved over the past decades. He links that evolution to some major social changes.00Exhibition: FOMU Foto Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (25.10.2019 - 01.03.2020).
- Catalog of an exhibition held at FOMU Antwerp, October 25, 2019-March 1, 2020.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Smidt Family Modern and Contemporary Art Collection Fund.
- Reynolds, Elise, 1969-
Museum voor Fotografie (Antwerp, Belgium)
Smidt Family Modern and Contemporary Art Collection Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|