Dalāʼil al-khayrāt wa-shawāriq al-anwār fī dhikr al-ṣalāh ʻalá al-Nabī al-mukhtār. = دلائل الخيرات وشوارق الانوار في ذكر الصلوة على النبي المختار.
- Standardized Title:
- Dalāʼil al-khayrāt
- [Turkey?], A.H. 1182 (1768)
ii, 87, i leaves : paper ; 150 x 95 (90 x 50) mm bound to 150 x 100 mm.
- Muḥammad, Prophet, -632 -- Devotional literature -- Early works to 1800.
Islam -- Prayers and devotions -- Early works to 1800.
- Manuscripts, Arabic.
Manuscripts, 18th century.
Codices (bound manuscripts)
Onlays (decorative components)
Envelope flaps (features)
Islamic bindings (Binding)
- Copy of the popular prayer book; the dual-page illuminated opening has headings as if for a Qurʼān (f. 1v-2r), but the text is Dalāʼil al-khayrāt.
- Title from introduction (f. 2v).
Foliation: Modern foliation added in pencil, upper center recto; catchwords every verso lower left.
Layout: Written in 11 long lines.
Script: Written in revival naskh in black ink; pointed and vocalized.
Decoration: Dual-page illuminated first opening in gold with orange and pink flowers (f. 1v-2r); textblock border-ruled in gold; wide gold rules across the full page opening, or framing one side of a page-opening appear throughout the text, but not in the same pattern on each page; gold roundels with blue and orange dots punctuate the text; floral marginal medallions in blue and orange (f. 18v, for example); some pages are silver sprinkled; rubrications in red.
Binding: Bound in reddish brown leather over pasteboard with flap (Type II); embossed paper onlays of a central mandorla, two pendants on the vertical axis and cornerpieces; blind-tooled frame and lines connecting mandorla to frame; gilt-stamped floral medallion on flap.
Origin: The copy was completed in the middle of Shaʻbān 1182 A.H. (December 1768); the scribe is not named.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (library bookplate inside front cover).
- Cited as:
- CAJS Rar Ms 133.
- Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|