De Nyew Testament : the New Testament in Gullah Sea Island Creole with marginal text of the King James version.
- Standardized Title:
- Bible. New Testament. Gullah. 2005.
- New York : American Bible Society, 2005.
, vi, 899,  pages : maps ; 22 cm
- Sea Islands Creole dialect -- Texts.
Sea Islands Creole dialect.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Gullah and English in parallel columns.
- "The Sea Island Translation Team in cooperation with Wycliffe Bible Translators."--Title page verso.
"This presentation of the Gullah New Testament translation has the King James (Authorized) Version in the margin for reference, alongside the Gullah text ... This is not to say the the Gullah text is a translation of the King James. This translation should not be seen as a Gullah version of any specific English translation, but rather is based on the original Greek manuscripts. Several English Bible translations were used for reference in the translation process, but the foundation of this translation is the Greek text, according to our best understanding today as to its original form."--Preface.
Black flexible boards stamped in gold with blue-green ribbon bookmark.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- American Bible Society.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- Bible. New Testament. English. Authorized. 2005.
- 1585168092 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|