GPCRs and pain / Christoph Stein.
- London : Henry Stewart Talks, 2019.
- Henry Stewart talks. Biomedical & life sciences collection. GPCR signalling in human health and disease.
GPCR signalling in human health and disease, 2056-452X
1 online resource (1 streaming video file (36 min.)) : color, sound.
Cellular signal transduction.
G proteins -- Receptors.
Opioids -- Therapeutic use.
- Medical subjects:
- Analgesics, Opioid.
Pain -- drug therapy.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Contents: Anatomical and physiological principles underlying nociception and pain
Examples of GPCR mediating excitatory and inhibitory effects on pain sensation
Cross-talk between excitatory and inhibitory intracellular signalling pathways (GPCR in sensory neurons)
Adverse side effects mediated by opioid receptors in the nervous system
Selective activation of peripheral opioid receptors on sensory neurons in injured tissues
Computational simulation of dynamic opioid receptor-ligand interactions (normal vs. injured)
Novel opioid ligand (NFEPP): analgesia in models of inflammatory pain without adverse side effects.
- Animated audio-visual presentation with synchronized narration.
Title from title frames.
- Publisher Number:
- 4716 Henry Stewart Talks
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|