Delivery and controlled release of bioactives in foods and nutraceuticals / edited by Nissim Garti.
- Cambridge, England : Woodhead Publishing Limited, 2008.
- Woodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition
Woodhead Publishing in food science, technology, and nutrition
Woodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition
1 online resource (497 p.)
- Food additives.
Controlled release technology.
- Electronic books.
- Active ingredients in foods must remain fully functional for as long as necessary and be transported and discharged appropriately to have the desired nutritional effect. Delivery and controlled release systems are an essential way to achieve these aims. This important book reviews how to optimise these systems to maximise the health-promoting properties of food products.Opening chapters review factors affecting nutrient bioavailability and methods to test delivery system efficacy. Part two addresses materials used and specific techniques for delivery and release. The benefits and drawbacks of
- part I. The effectiveness of controlled release and delivery systems
part II. Materials and techniques for controlled release and delivery of nutrients
part III. Delivery and controlled release of particular nutraceuticals
part IV. Regulatory issues and future trends.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed February 5, 2014).
- Garti, Nissim.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|