Practical guide to smoke and combustion products from burning polymers [electronic resource] : generation, assessment and control / Sergei Levchik, Marcelo Hirschler, Edward Well.
- Shrewsbury [England] : iSmithers, 2011.
1 online resource (252 p.)
- Polymers -- Flammability.
- Electronic books.
- This Practical Guide presents one of the most complete overviews of this important topic, covering smoke generation (including obscuration, toxicity, corrosivity), small and large scale smoke assessment, regulation of smoke, and methods of controlling smoke by plastics formulation. In particular this book focuses on the assessment of fire hazard and fire risks from combustion products and is an important book for plastics processors, regulatory personnel, and fire research and safety engineers. This book presents a state of the art overview of smoke formation from natural and synthetic polymer
- Front Cover; Title Page; Contents; Preface; Chapter 1 Smoke Obscuration/Opacity: Generation of Smoke from Polymeric Materials; Chapter 2 Generation of Combustion Products from Polymeric Materials (Smoke Toxicity); Chapter 3 Smoke Corrosivity; Chapter 4 Transport and Decay of Combustion Products; Chapter 5 Fire Tests to Assess Smoke and Combustion-Product Generation; Chapter 6 Methods for Reducing Visible Smoke in Spec ific Polymer Systems; Chapter 7 Regulations, Codes and Standards Associated with Smoke; Chapter 8 Fire Hazard and Smoke Generation; Abbreviations; Index; Back Cover
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Hirschler, Marcelo.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|