Writing literature reviews : a guide for students of the social and behavioral sciences / Jose L. Galvan and Melisa C. Galvan.
- Other Title:
- Guide for students of the social and behavioral sciences
- Seventh edition.
- New York, NY : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2017.
xix, 288 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Social sciences -- Research.
Social sciences -- Authorship.
Psychology -- Research.
- Medical subjects:
- Evaluation Studies as Topic.
Review Literature as Topic.
- "This useful guide educates students in the preparation of literature reviews for term projects, theses, and dissertations. The authors provide numerous examples from published reviews that illustrate the guidelines discussed throughout the book. New to the seventh edition: each chapter breaks down the larger holistic review of literature exercise into a series of smaller, manageable steps; practical instructions for navigating today's digital libraries; comprehensive discussions about digital tools, including bibliographic and plagiarism detection software; chapter activities that reflect the book's updated content; new model literature reviews; and online resources designed to help instructors plan and teach their courses"--Page 4 of cover.
- Managing the Literature Search. Writing reviews of academic literature : an overview
Learn to navigate the electronic resources in your university's library
Selecting a topic for your review
Organizing yourself to begin the selection of relevant titles
Analyzing the Relevant Literature. Conduct a deep analysis of the articles
Analyzing quantitative research literature
Analyzing qualitative research literature
Organizing your notes by grouping the results of your analysis
Writing the First Draft of Your Literature Review. Synthesizing trends and patterns : preparing to write
Guidelines for writing a first draft
Guidelines for developing a coherent essay
Editing and Preparing the Final Draft of Your Review. Guidelines for editing your essay and incorporating feedback
Preparing a reference list
Appendices: Comprehensive self-editing checklist for refining the final draft ; Sample literature reviews.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Galvan, Melisa, author.
- Other format:
- ebook version :
9781351858915 (ePub ebook)
9781351858908 (Mobipocket ebook)
9781351858922 (PDF ebook)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|