Cross-Language Information Retrieval and Evaluation [electronic resource] : Workshop of Cross-Language Evaluation Forum, CLEF 2000, Lisbon, Portugal, September 21-22, 2000, Revised Papers / by Carol Peters.
- 1st ed. 2001.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2001.
- Computer Science (Springer-11645)
Lecture notes in computer science 0302-9743 ; 2069
Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 0302-9743 ; 2069
1 online resource (X, 394 pages)
- Data structures (Computer science).
Information storage and retrieval.
- Local subjects:
- Data Structures and Information Theory. (search)
Information Storage and Retrieval. (search)
Artificial Intelligence. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- The first evaluation campaign of the Cross-Language Evaluation Forum (CLEF) for European languages was held from January to September 2000. The campaign cul- nated in a two-day workshop in Lisbon, Portugal, 21 22 September, immediately following the fourth European Conference on Digital Libraries (ECDL 2000). The first day of the workshop was open to anyone interested in the area of Cross-Language Information Retrieval (CLIR) and addressed the topic of CLIR system evaluation. The goal was to identify the actual contribution of evaluation to system development and to determine what could be done in the future to stimulate progress. The second day was restricted to participants in the CLEF 2000 evaluation campaign and to their - periments. This volume constitutes the proceedings of the workshop and provides a record of the campaign. CLEF is currently an activity of the DELOS Network of Excellence for Digital - braries, funded by the EC Information Society Technologies to further research in digital library technologies. The activity is organized in collaboration with the US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The support of DELOS and NIST in the running of the evaluation campaign is gratefully acknowledged. I should also like to thank the other members of the Workshop Steering Committee for their assistance in the organization of this event.
- Evaluation for CLIR Systems
CLIR Evaluation at TREC
NTCIR Workshop : Japanese- and Chinese-English Cross-Lingual Information Retrieval and Multi-grade Relevance Judgments
Language Resources in Cross-Language Text Retrieval: A CLEF Perspective
The Domain-Specific Task of CLEF - Specific Evaluation Strategies in Cross-Language Information Retrieval
Evaluating Interactive Cross-Language Information Retrieval: Document Selection
New Challenges for Cross-Language Information Retrieval: Multimedia Data and the User Experience
Research to Improve Cross-Language Retrieval - Position Paper for CLEF
The CLEF-2000 Experiments
CLEF 2000 - Overview of Results
Translation Resources, Merging Strategies, and Relevance Feedback for Cross-Language Information Retrieval
Cross-Language Retrieval for the CLEF Collections - Comparing Multiple Methods of Retrieval
A Language-Independent Approach to European Text Retrieval
Experiments with the Eurospider Retrieval System for CLEF 2000
A Poor Man's Approach to CLEF
Ambiguity Problem in Multiingual Information Retrieval
The Use of NLP Techniques in CLIR
CLEF Experiments at Maryland: Statistical Stemming and Backoff Translation
Multilingual Information Retrieval Based on Parallel Texts from the Web
Mercure at CLEF-1
Bilingual Tests with Swedish, Finnish, and German Queries: Dealing with Morphology, Compound Words, and Query Structure
A Simple Approach to the Spanish-English Bilingual Retrieval Task
Cross-Language Information Retrieval Using Dutch Query Translation
Bilingual Information Retrieval with HyREX and Internet Translation Services
Sheffield University CLEF 2000 Submission - Bilingual Track: German to English
West Group at CLEF 2000: Non-english Monolingual Retrieval
ITC-irst at CLEF 2000: Italian Monolingual Track
Automatic Language-Specific Stemming in Information Retrieval.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/3-540-44645-1 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|