Self-Managing Distributed Systems [electronic resource] : 14th IFIP/IEEE International Workshop on Distributed Systems: Operations and Management, DSOM 2003, Heidelberg, Germany, October 20-22, 2003, Proceedings / edited by Marcus Brunner, Alexander Keller.
- 1st ed. 2003.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2003.
- Computer Science (Springer-11645)
Lecture notes in computer science 0302-9743 ; 2867
Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 0302-9743 ; 2867
1 online resource (IV, 276 pages)
- Computer architecture.
Operating systems (Computers).
Computers and civilization.
Management information systems.
- Local subjects:
- Computer System Implementation. (search)
Computer Communication Networks. (search)
Programming Techniques. (search)
Operating Systems. (search)
Computers and Society. (search)
Management of Computing and Information Systems. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 14th IFIP/IEEE International Workshop on Distributed Systems: Operations and Management, DSOM 2003, held in Heidelberg, Germany in October 2002. The 20 revised full papers and 6 revised short papers presented together with a keynote paper were carefully reviewed and selected from a total of 105 submissions. The papers are organized in topical sections on self-configuration, peer-to-peer management, self-optimization and performance management, utility management, self-protection and access control, manageability and instrumentation, and context-awareness.
- Keynote Address
Orchestrating Self-Managing Systems for Autonomic Computing: The Role of Standards
Generic Online Optimization of Multiple Configuration Parameters with Application to a Database Server
Eos: An Approach of Using Behavior Implications for Policy-Based Self-Management
On the Algebraic Structure of Convergence
An Epidemic Protocol for Managing Routing Tables in Very Large Peer-to-Peer Networks
Towards Peer-to-Peer Traffic Analysis Using Flows
MobiMan: Bringing Scripted Agents to Wireless Terminal Management
Self-Optimization and Performance Management
Dynamic Surge Protection: An Approach to Handling Unexpected Workload Surges with Resource Actions that Have Lead Times
A Method on Multimedia Service Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
Traffic Measurements for Link Dimensioning
Automating Enterprise Application Placement in Resource Utilities
Managing the Performance Impact of Administrative Utilities
Policy-Based Autonomic Storage Allocation
Self-Protection and Access Control
Visual-Based Anomaly Detection for BGP Origin AS Change (OASC) Events
Context Driven Access Control to SNMP MIB Objects in Multi-homed Environments
A Policy-Based Framework for RBAC
Management += Grid
A Web Services Signaling Approach over Optical Networks for SAN Applications
A Self-Configuring Sensing System for Data Centers
Towards Autonomic Business Activity Management
Idiosyncratic Signatures for Authenticated Execution of Management Code
Effects of Wavelength Conversion on Self-healing Optical Networks
Manageability and Instrumentation
Efficient and Transparent Instrumentation of Application Components Using an Aspect-Oriented Approach
Discovering Dynamic Dependencies in Enterprise Environments for Problem Determination
Bringing AgentX Subagents to the Operating System Kernel Space
Management Challenges of Context-Aware Services in Ubiquitous Environments
Aggregation of Composite Location-Aware Services for Mobile Cellular Networks.
- Brunner, Marcus. editor., Editor,
Keller, Alexander. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/b94014 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|