Graphics Recognition. Algorithms and Applications [electronic resource] : 4th International Workshop, GREC 2001, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, September 7-8, 2001. Selected Papers / edited by Dorothea Blostein, Young-Bin Kwon.
- 1st ed. 2002.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2002.
- Computer Science (Springer-11645)
Lecture notes in computer science 0302-9743 ; 2390
Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 0302-9743 ; 2390
1 online resource (XI, 370 pages)
- Pattern perception.
Optical data processing.
- Local subjects:
- Pattern Recognition.
Image Processing and Computer Vision.
Discrete Mathematics in Computer Science.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book presents refereed and revised papers presented at GREC 2001, the 4th IAPR International Workshop on Graphics Recognition, which took place in Kingston, Ontario, Canada in September 2001. Graphics recognition is a branch of document image analysis that focuses on the recognition of two-dimensional notations such as engineering drawings, maps, mathematical notation, music notation, tables, and chemical structure diagrams. Due to the growing demand for both o?-line and on-line document recognition systems, the ?eld of graphics recognition has an excitingand promisingfuture. The GREC workshops provide an opportunity for researchers at all levels of experience to share insights into graphics recognition methods. The workshops enjoy strongparticipation from researchers in both industry and academia. They are sponsored by IAPR TC-10, the Technical Committee on Graphics Recog- tion within the International Association for Pattern Recognition. Edited v- umes from the previous three workshops in this series are available as Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vols. 1072, 1389, and 1941. After the GREC 2001 workshop, authors were invited to submit enhanced versions of their papers for review. Every paper was evaluated by three reviewers. We are grateful to both authors and reviewers for their careful work during this review process. Many of the papers that appear in this volume were thoroughly revised and improved, in response to reviewers' suggestions.
- Technical Drawings and Forms
3D Reconstruction of Paper Based Assembly Drawings: State of the Art and Approach
Interpretation of Low-Level CAD Data for Knowledge Extraction in Early Design Stages
Knowledge-Based Partial Matching: An Efficient Form Classification Method
Robust Frame Extraction and Removal for Processing Form Documents
Validation, User Interfaces
Issues in Ground-Truthing Graphic Documents
Sketch-Based User Interface for Inputting Graphic Objects on Small Screen Devices
Experimental Evaluation of a Trainable Scribble Recognizer for Calligraphic Interfaces
User Interfaces for On-Line Diagram Recognition
Symbol Segmentation and Recognition
Symbol Recognition: Current Advances and Perspectives
An Error-Correction Graph Grammar to Recognize Texture Symbols
Perceptual Organization as a Foundation for Graphics Recognition
Exploiting Perceptual Grouping for Map Analysis, Understanding and Generalization: The Case of Road and River Networks
Extraction of Contextual Information Existing among Component Elements of Origami Books
Text/Graphics Separation in Maps
Semantic Analysis and Recognition of Raster-Scanned Color Cartographic Images
Structure Based Interpretation of Unstructured Vector Maps
Generating Logic Descriptions for the Automated Interpretation of Topographic Maps
Graphics Recognition Technology
Scan-to-XML: Using Software Component Algebra for Intelligent Document Generation
Interpreting Sloppy Stick Figures by Graph Rectification and Constraint-Based Matching
Using a Generic Document Recognition Method for Mathematical Formulae Recognition
Interpreting Line Drawing Images: A Knowledge Level Perspective
Vectorization and Early Processing
Smoothing and Compression of Lines Obtained by Raster-to-Vector Conversion
A Scale and Rotation Parameters Estimator Application to Technical Document Interpretation
Improving the Accuracy of Skeleton-Based Vectorization
Structural Rectification of Non-planar Document Images: Application to Graphics Recognition
An Effective Vector Extraction Method on Architectural Imaging Using Drawing Characteristics
Thresholding Images of Line Drawings with Hysteresis
Math Notation, Charts, Music Notation
A Recognition Method of Matrices by Using Variable Block Pattern Elements Generating Rectangular Area
Music Manuscript Tracing
Arc Segmentation Contest
Extended Summary of the Arc Segmentation Contest
TIF2VEC, An Algorithm for Arc Segmentation in Engineering Drawings
RANVEC and the Arc Segmentation Contest
Summary of Panel Discussions at GREC'2001.
- Blostein, Dorothea, editor., Editor,
Kwon, Young-Bin, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/3-540-45868-9 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|