Mobile Agents for Telecommunication Applications [electronic resource] : Second International Workshop, MATA 2000, Paris, France, September 18-20, 2000 Proceedings / edited by Eric Horlait.
- 1st ed. 2000.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2000.
- Computer Science (Springer-11645)
Lecture notes in computer science 0302-9743 ; 1931
Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 0302-9743 ; 1931
1 online resource (IX, 269 pages)
- Computer networks.
- Local subjects:
- Computer Communication Networks. (search)
Artificial Intelligence. (search)
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet). (search)
IT in Business. (search)
Communications Engineering, Networks. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Mobile agents refer to self-contained and identi?able computer programs that can move within the network and can act on behalf of the user or another entity. Most of the current research work on the mobile agent paradigm has two general goals: reduction of network traf?c and asynchronous interaction. These two goals stem directly from the desire to reduce information overload and to ef?ciently use network resources. There are certainly many motivations for the use of a mobile agent paradigm; h- ever, intelligent information retrieval, network and mobility management, and network services are currently the three most cited application targets for a mobile agent system. The aim of the workshop is to provide a unique opportunity for researchers, software and application developers, and computer network technologists to discuss new dev- opments in the mobile agent technology and applications. After last year's very successful workshop in Ottawa, Canada (110 attendees), this year's workshop will focus on mobile agent issues across the areas of network m- agement, mobile applications, nomadic computing, e-commerce, ad-hoc networks and applications, feature interactions, Internet applications, QoS management, policybased management, interactive multimedia, and computer-telephony integration.
- Ad-hoc Networks and Applications
Topology Discovery in ad hoc Wireless Networks Using Mobile Agents
Mobile Code, Adaptive Mobile Applications, and Network Architectures
Toward a Mobile Work Environment
Handling Subscription in a Mobile Agent Based Service Environment for Internet Telephony: Swapping Agents
Mobile Network Domain Agency for Managing Network Resources
Partitioning Applications with Agents
Evaluating the Network Performance Management Based on Mobile Agents
Architecture and Methodologies -1
Visualizing Mobile Agent Executions
Towards Policy-Driven Agent System Development and Management
Modeling an OMG-MASIF Compliant Mobile Agent Platform with the RM-ODP Engineering Language
Active Networks for IPv6 Communication Redirection
An Agent-Inspired Active Network Resource Trading Model Applied to Congestion Control
On Synchronization in a Mobile Environment
YAAP: Yet Another Active Platform
Searching for Music with Agents
Use of Mobile Agents for IPR Management and Negotiation
The Effects of Mobile Agent Performance on Mp3 Streaming Applications
Semi-trusted Hosts and Mobile Agents: Enabling Secure Distributed Computations
Architecture and Methodologies -2
Nomadic Users' Support in the MAP Agent Platform
Keyphrase-Based Information Sharing in the ACORN Multi-agent Architecture
Agents Based Implementation of Personalised News Delivery Service.
- Horlait, Eric, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/3-540-45391-1 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|