Computation for Metaphors, Analogy, and Agents [electronic resource] / edited by Chrystopher L. Nehaniv.
- 1st ed. 1999.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1999.
- Computer Science (Springer-11645)
Lecture notes in computer science. Lecture notes in artificial intelligence 1562
Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence ; 1562
1 online resource (X, 398 pages)
- Artificial intelligence.
Logic, Symbolic and mathematical.
User interfaces (Computer systems).
Computers and civilization.
- Local subjects:
- Artificial Intelligence. (search)
Mathematical Logic and Formal Languages. (search)
User Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction. (search)
Computers and Society. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This volume brings together the work of researchers from various disciplines where aspects of descriptive, mathematical, computational or design knowledge concerning metaphor and analogy, especially in the context of agents, have emerged. The book originates from an international workshop on Computation for Metaphors, Analogy, and Agents (CMAA), held in Aizu, Japan in April 1998. The 19 carefully reviewed and revised papers presented together with an introduction by the volume editor are organized into sections on Metaphor and Blending, Embodiment, Interaction, Imitation, Situated Mapping in Space and Time, Algebraic Engineering: Respecting Structure, and a Sea-Change in Viewpoints.
- Computation for Metaphors, Analogy and Agents
Metaphors and Blending
Rough Sea and the Milky Way: 'Blending' in a Haiku Text
Pragmatic Forces in Metaphor Use: The Mechanics of Blend Recruitment in Visual Metaphors
Embodiment: The First Person
The Cog Project: Building a Humanoid Robot
Embodiment As Metaphor: Metaphorizing- in the Environment
Interaction: The Second Person
Embodiment and Interaction in Socially Intelligent Life-Like Agents
An Implemented System for Metaphor-Based Reasoning, With Special Application to Reasoning about Agents
GAIA: An Experimental Pedagogical Agent for Exploring Multimodal Interaction
When Agents Meet Cross-Cultural Metaphor: Can They Be Equipped to Parse and Generate It?
Imitation: First and Second Person
Imitation and Mechanisms of Joint Attention: A Developmental Structure for Building Social Skills on a Humanoid Robot
Figures of Speech, a Way to Acquire Language
Situated Mapping: Space and Time
"Meaning" through Clustering by Self-Organisation of Spatial and Temporal Information
Conceptual Mappings from Spatial Motion to Time: Analysis of English and Japanese
Algebraic Engineering: Respecting Structure
An Introduction to Algebraic Semiotics, with Application to User Interface Design
An Algebraic Approach to Modeling Creativity of Metaphor
Metaphor and Human-Computer Interaction: A Model Based Approach
A Sea-Change in Viewpoints
Empirical Modelling and the Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
Communication as an Emergent Metaphor for Neuronal Operation
The Second Person - Meaning and Metaphors.
- Nehaniv, Chrystopher L. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/3-540-48834-0 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|