Advances in Document Image Analysis [electronic resource] : First Brazilian Symposium, BSDIA'97, Curitiba, Brazil, November 2-5, 1997, Proceedings / edited by Nabeel A. Murshed, Flavio Bortolozzi.
- 1st ed. 1997.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1997.
- Computer Science (Springer-11645)
Lecture notes in computer science 0302-9743 ; 1339
Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 0302-9743 ; 1339
1 online resource (X, 354 pages)
- Signal processing.
Speech processing systems.
Optical data processing.
Natural language processing (Computer science).
- Local subjects:
- Signal, Image and Speech Processing. (search)
Pattern Recognition. (search)
Image Processing and Computer Vision. (search)
Natural Language Processing (NLP). (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the First Brazilian Symposium on Document Image Analysis, BSDIA'97, held in Curitiba in November 1997. The volume presents 19 revised full papers selected from 30 submissions as well as eight full-paper invited contributions by internationally leading authorities. The invited papers give a unique survey of the state of the art in the area. The selected papers are organized in sections on low level processing, document processing and retrieval, handwriting recognition, signature verification, and application systems.
- Handwriting recognition: State of the art and future trends
Crucial combinations for the recognition of handwritten letters
Recognition of printed and handwritten Arabic characters
Objective evaluation of the discriminant power of features in an HMM-based word recognition system
Effect of variability on letters generation with the vectorial delta-lognormal model
Off-line signature verification: Recent advances and perspectives
Research advances in graphics recognition: An update
Future trends in retrospective document conversion
Using binary pyramids to create multiresolution shape descriptors
Contour pixel classification for character skeletonization
Constraint propagation vs syntactical analysis for the logical structure recognition of library references
Grammatical formalism for document understanding system: From document towards HTML text
Document modeling for form class identification
Composite document analysis by means of typographic characteristics
Techniques for the automated testing of document analysis algorithms
Graphical tools and techniques for querying document image databases
Handwritten numeral recognition via fuzzy logic and local discriminating features
Unsupervised learning of character prototypes
Off-line cursive word recognition with a hybrid neural-HMM system
A fuzzy perception for off-line handwritten signature verification
An evaluation of different handwriting observation techniques from a signature verification point of view
Generation of signatures by deformations
An application of the sequential dynamic programming matching method to off-line signature verification
A system for automatic form reading
Automatic extraction of filled-in information from bankchecks based on prior knowledge about layout structure
A simple methodology to bank cheque segmentation.
- Murshed, Nabeel A. editor., Editor,
Bortolozzi, Flávio, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/3-540-63791-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|