Optical Network Design and Modeling [electronic resource] : 11th International IFIP-TC6 Conference, ONDM 2007, Athens, Greece, May 29-31, 2007, Proceedings / edited by Ioannis Tomkos, Fabio Neri, Josep Solé-Pareta, Xavier Masip-Bruin, Sergi Sánchez-López.
- 1st ed. 2007.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2007.
- Computer Science (Springer-11645)
LNCS sublibrary. Computer communication networks and telecommunications SL 5, 4534
Computer Communication Networks and Telecommunications ; 4534
1 online resource (XI, 460 pages)
- Computer networks.
Computer system failures.
- Local subjects:
- Computer Communication Networks.
System Performance and Evaluation.
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet).
Communications Engineering, Networks.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- The optical networking field is seen to be rapidly emerging with a strong and s- tained technological and business growth. Research has led to massive development and deployment in the optical networking space leading to significant advancements in high speed network core and access networks. th The 11 International Conference on Optical Network Design and Modeling brought together scientists and researchers to meet and exchange ideas and recent work in this emerging area of networking. The conference was sponsored by IFIP and supported by the e-Photon/ONe and COST 291 projects. The conference proceedings have been published by Springer and are also available through the Springer digital library. The conference program f- tured 14 invited presentations and 41 contributed papers selected from over 90 s- missions. A series of sessions focusing on recent developments in optical networking and the related technology issues constituted the main conference program. The international workshop "Optical network perspectives vs. optical technologies th reality" was collocated with ONDM 2007 and took place on May 29 . It was org- ized by the EU COST 291 action. The objective of the workshop was to focus on cross layer issues and address various challenges with respect to the implementation of optical networking concepts based on available optical technology capabilities.
- Performance Comparison of Multi-wavelength Conversion Using SOA-MZI and DSF for Optical Wavelength Multicast
80Gb/s Multi-wavelength Optical Packet Switching Using PLZT Switch
2x2 Bismuth-Oxide-Fiber Based Crossbar Switch for All-Optical Switching Architectures
Impact of Transient Response of Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifier for OPS/WDM and Its Mitigation
Mutual Impact of Physical Impairments and Grooming in Multilayer Networks
Impairment Aware Based Routing and Wavelength Assignment in Transparent Long Haul Networks
MatPlanWDM: An Educational Tool for Network Planning in Wavelength-Routing Networks
Centralized vs. Distributed Approaches for Encompassing Physical Impairments in Transparent Optical Networks
All-Optical Signal Processing Subsystems Based on Highly Non-linear Fibers and Their Limitations for Networking Applications
A Low Cost Migration Path Towards Next Generation Fiber-To-The-Home Networks
Securing Passive Optical Networks Against Signal Injection Attacks
Novel Passive Optical Switching Using Shared Electrical Buffer and Wavelength Converter
160 Gbps Simulation of a Quantum Dot Semiconductor Optical Amplifier Based Optical Buffer
SIP Based OBS networks for Grid Computing
Job Demand Models for Optical Grid Research
Experimental Implementation of Grid Enabled ASON/GMPLS Networks
Reservation Techniques in an OpMiGua Node
R and Ds for 21st Century Photonic Network in Japan
Optical Burst Switching Network Testbed
TCP Traffic Analysis for Timer-Based Burstifiers in OBS Networks
TCP Performance Experiment on LOBS Network Testbed
Improvement of TCP Performance over Optical Burst Switching Networks
Routing Optimization in Optical Burst Switching Networks
Performance Analysis of Routing Algorithms for Optical Burst Switching
Transport Plane Resource Discovery Mechanisms for ASON/GMPLS Meshed Transport Networks
A Study of Connection Management Approaches for an Impairment-Aware Optical Control Plane
An Automatic Model-Based Reconfiguration and Monitoring Mechanism for Flexible GMPLS-Based Optical Networking Testbeds
Clustering for Hierarchical Traffic Grooming in Large Scale Mesh WDM Networks
Grooming-Enhanced Multicast in Multilayer Networks
MUPBED - Interworking Challenges in a Multi-Domain and Multi-Technology Network Environment
Rule-Based Advertisement and Maintenance of Network State Information in Optical-Beared Heterogeneous Networks
Enhanced Parallel Iterative Schedulers for IBWR Optical Packet Switches
A New Algorithm for the Distributed RWA Problem in WDM Networks Using Ant Colony Optimization
Optical IP Switching for Dynamic Traffic Engineering in Next-Generation Optical Networks
An Efficient Virtual Topology Design and Traffic Engineering Scheme for IP/WDM Networks
Optical Packet Buffers with Active Queue Management
Segmentation-Based Path Switching Mechanism for Reduced Data Losses in OBS Networks
Towards Efficient Optical Burst-Switched Networks without All-Optical Wavelength Converters
New Assembly Techniques for Optical Burst Switched Networks Based on Traffic Prediction
A Novel Burst Assembly Algorithm for Optical Burst Switched Networks Based on Learning Automata
Fast and Effective Dimensioning Algorithm for End-to-End Optical Burst Switching Networks with ON-OFF Traffic Model
Prudent Creditization Polling (PCP): A Novel Adaptive Polling Service for an EPON
Adaptive Moblile Spot Diffusing Transmiter for an Indoor Optical Wireless System
Extra Window Scheme for Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation in EPON
Cost Versus Flexibility of Different Capacity Leasing Approaches on the Optical Network Layer
A Bayesian Decision Theory Approach for the Techno-Economic Analysis of an All-Optical Router
Regenerator Placement with Guaranteed Connectivity in Optical Networks
Optimal Routing for Minimum Wavelength Requirements in End-to-End Optical Burst Switching Rings.
- Tomkos, Ioannis, editor., Editor,
Neri, Fabio, editor., Editor,
Solé-Pareta, Josep, editor., Editor,
Masip-Bruin, Xavier, editor., Editor,
Sánchez-López, Sergi. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-540-72731-6 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|